Information about word BATE
Definitions of BATE
- To reduce the force of something; to abate.
- To restrain, usually with the sense of being in anticipation
- To cut off, remove, take away.
- To leave out, except, bar.
- To waste away.
- To deprive of.
- To lessen by retrenching, deducting, or reducing; to abate; to beat down; to lower.
- To allow by way of abatement or deduction.
- Strife; contention.
- To contend or strive with blows or arguments.
- Of a falcon: To flap the wings vigorously; to bait.
- An alkaline lye which neutralizes the effect of the previous application of lime, and makes hides supple in the process of tanning.
- A vat which contains this liquid.
- To soak leather so as to remove chemicals used in tanning; to steep in bate.
- ; = .
- To masturbate.
Synonyms for BATE
Preparation took: 1079.2877 ms