Information about word BAND
Definitions of BAND
- A strip of material used for strengthening or coupling.
- A long strip of material, color, etc, that is different from the surrounding area.
- A strip of decoration.
- That which serves as the means of union or connection between persons; a tie.
- A linen collar or ruff worn in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Two strips of linen hanging from the neck in front as part of a clerical, legal, or academic dress.
- A part of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- A group of energy levels in a solid state material.
- A bond.
- Pledge; security.
- A ring, such as a wedding ring (wedding band), or a ring put on a bird's leg to identify it.
- Any distinguishing line formed by chromatography, electrophoresis etc
- A wad of money totaling $1K, held together by a band; money
- To fasten with a band.
- To fasten an identifying band around the leg of (a bird).
- A group of musicians who perform together as an ensemble, usually for a professional recording artist.
- A type of orchestra originally playing janissary music.
- A marching band.
- A group of people loosely united for a common purpose .
- A small group of people living in a simple society, contrasted with tribes, chiefdoms, and states.
- A group of aboriginals that has official recognition as an organized unit by the federal government of Canada.
- To group together for a common purpose; to confederate.
- To group (students) together by perceived ability; to stream.
Synonyms for BAND
Preparation took: 600.4888 ms